Monday, April 12, 2004

 
Here is an article about what is wrong with Network Television and giving tips of what it can do to save itself. It is from USA Today so everything is in small, bite-size, easy to digest pieces.

This my favorite section:

Re-evaluate or restructure the business

Every season, it's the same deadly dance. Advertisers want young male viewers, so the networks chase after an audience that isn't interested in their shows — and chase away the audience that is. Economically, a business that can't make money from the people who are actually eager to be its customers is a business that makes no sense. And artistically, an art form that allows its standards to be set by teenage boys is an art form, and a culture, in deep trouble.

You should read the entire thing, it is a great article if a bit depressing. As soon as I started finding writing about television that I thought took the medium seriously I started reading in what bad shape television is. I find it all very upsetting. Perhaps I should stop reading TV criticism all together. But I won't.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?