Tuesday, April 27, 2004

 
There is no question that Rocco, chef and star of NBC's show The Restaurant, is pretty annoying, but the one complaint I do not get on the show is the constant customer whining that they don't get to see him. Patrons keep repeating "where is Rocco? I came here to see Rocco. He should be here" What the hell? I have never in my life entered a restaurant expecting the owner or chef to be there entertaining me. Granted, I do not go to restaurants that are taping television shows and really, I mostly go to Uno's and they don't exactly have "chefs"... but still, how self-important are these people?

I, by the way, have had a Rocco encounter. It was during the big blizzard we had here in New York City back in December. I was walking by The Restaurant on my way to Barnes and Noble when suddenly, there were like 8 people walking toward me with cameras and headsets and clipboards and stuff. Among them was Rocco himself. The sidewalk was extra narrow due to the foot and a half of snow, so I had to move to the edge (got my feel all wet since at that part the snow was really high). As they all shuffled by, Rocco and I made eye contact. I smiled politely and he ignored me. If I had not already disliked him from The Restaurant season one, this snub ensured him a place on my television personality shit list.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?