Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

My Plan.

I am always so excited about awards season and then they always end up being so boring because I have usually seen only like one or two of the movies. So this year I have decided to change all that, I am going to make it my goal to see every movie that may be nominated for a major award at any of the shows. Thus, when the Golden Globes and then the Oscars roll around, I will be able to judge for myself who should win. I could even have one of those should win/will win charts like they do in the NY Times. This might all end up being very anti-climatic, because regardless of how many movies you see, the Oscars are still very very boring. But a gal needs to have goals ot be fulfilled, right?

Also, don't anyone tell me that a nominated movie is not necessarily a very good movie, I understand that, this seeing all the movies thing is not an art thing, but a pop culture thing. Oscars are a grear barometer for a certain kind of pop culture.

So far I have seen Syrinia, Pride and Prejudice, Walk the Line, Brokeback Mountain. I loved all of them except for Brokeback which I thought was good, but just couldn't get into.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?