Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Good Night and Good Luck

I saw Good Night and Good Luck last Sunday and of-course I loved it. I know I have now been saying that about every movie I have seen, so at some point I am going to have to make a list of movies I really loved and those I only sort of loved so it all makes sense.

Anyway, what I liked best about Murrow's news reports were how precise and clear they were. He would say, this is what I intend to do, this is why I am doing it, and this is what you can do if you disagree. Then he would proceed to give a report exactly as he outlined it. It was brilliant. The thing is, while I would like to say that the movie inspired me to be a journalist, I think what really appealed to me was the fact that his reports were in easy to outline form. Maybe I am destined to be a lawyer after all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?