Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

Munich

Let me make something clear. I know very little about filmmaking or whatever. Anyway, so the way I tend to judge acting is the extent to which the actor makes me forget that he is the actor playing a character and I just think I am watching the character himself. This of-course gives a huge advantage to lesser known actors, since it is easier for me to forget all of Don Cheedle's other roles in Hotel Rwanda, then ever forget all the other parts that Tom Hanks played.

All that being said, I was blown away by Geoffrey Rush in Munich. I did not realize it was him until about 2/3 through the movie and then only because I suddenly remembered that he was supposed to be in the movie. I am appalled that he was not nominated for a Golden Globe. He was definately better than Matt Dillon, and while I am still refusing to see the Producers, I have no doubt he is better than Will Farrell.

Also, Eric Bana was quite good as well. Why is Munich being shafted in the acting department?

Comments:
I just saw Munich on HBO, and was much more impressed with it than the first time I saw it. I still had had the same problems with it, namely Eric Bana and the weird and unnecessary sex scenes, but it was phenomenal.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?