Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Proof

So I saw Proof on Tuesday night (even though it was not on Entertainment Weekly's list of 25 movies i have to see to be in the know on Oscar night, see I go to the movies for other reasons).

So here was the problem with the movie, Jake Gyllenhall, was just too much of the perfect man. A 26 year old math professor at the University of Chicago, who of-course was in perfect shape, had the perfect hair, taught a hockey team, played in a band, a band of math geeks (how adorable) and seemed to like Gwenyth Paltrow's character for no apparent reason, except for maybe the fact that she was a math genius. So he liked women who are smarter than he is, even better. But god, this was too little realism in a movie, even for me. I wish they would have given him glasses or maybe one ugly shirt. I need those tricks that symbolize nerd.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?