Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

The Squid and the Whale

I know the whole point of this blog is that when the oscars nominations come out, I would have strong opinions on it. And here the nominations have been out for days and I have not said a word. I am sure you are very disappointed. Sadly, I have very little to say. Except that um...I am disappointed that Munich was nominated. My opinion of it was mediocre movie, great acting. But apparently the academy thinks "eh" on the acting, but yay on the movie.

I just feel that both History of Violence and the Squid and the Whale were better movies.

History of Violence was just tighter. There were no unnecessary scenes. Nothing felt like it dragged on too long. As opposed to Munich, where i felt like the entire end where he is all paranoid just went on and on. And as a thriller, History of Violence was just more exciting. I was genuinely unsure about exactly what I thought of Tom and if he was a good or bad guy the entire movie, which made it really exciting. Munich, it was obvious they would just kill the folks.

As for the Squid and the Whale, I think it might have been my favorite film of the year (even though I have a bunch more to see). After seeing it, I just wanted to cry and cry about how sad life is. I really felt very little connection to anything in Munich as hard as it was trying.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?