Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Standing up for people like me everywhere

I caught a bit of the the Lindsay Lohan Parent Trap yesterday on ABC Family. In the 20 minutes I watched, Dennis Quaid, the "twins" and Quaid's fiance all go camping. But you see, Quaid's fiance is a bitch and she hates everything about camping and hiking. She freaks out at bugs, does not want to eat trout, is wearing some wierd jumpsuit as opposed to plaid, which I suppose is the proper camping attire of the time. By the end of the trip, she freaks out so much that Quaid dumps her.

Well, I have seen this happen a lot in pop culture, the person who hates the great outdoors is vilified. And I am here to tell you, that is just unfair. If anything those of us who prefer concrete are much kinder to nature. You don't think that going into the woods with SUVs and camping gear and not perfectly cleaned up human trash harms the environment? And even worse, if a person is such a nature lover that they leave the city entirely and move into some place with no other humans, then they are really hurting nature, bringing their car there everyday. Me, I am perfectly happy to hang out with my concrete and people, and let the animals and plants have the great outdoors. This is much more of a sharing with my fellow creatures position.

P.S. This post is meant to stick up for those of us who prefer the city. It is not actually meant to insult any outdorsy people. Please don't be offended. But feel free to write comments hurling insults at me. I love comments.

Comments:
I disagree.
 
I really don't think the point is so much to vilify people that hate the outdoors, so much as it is to vilify people who hate the outdoors and then are dumb enough to get stuck there anyway with two twelve-year-olds who hate you. =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?