Friday, February 10, 2006

 

Transamerica

I have been criticized for my desire to see all the Oscar movies, apparently there is something sort of wierd about watching movies just to be checking them off a list. Of-course, that is a misinterpretation of my actions. Don't get me wrong, my plan is a little wierd, but here is the point. There are plenty of beautiful and wonderful movies out there that I want to see but if left to my own devices (without a plan) I would never go see. Being me, and having very low brow taste, I would probably just spend all that money on romantic comedies. But the pop culture loving impulse of the Oscarsis making me broaden my horizons. Thus, I would not have had the chance to see plenty of beautiful and wonderful movies.

Case in point, Transamerica. When it came out, I knew that I would not see but that I would probably like it if i did. But all this Felicity Huffman Oscar buzz sent me to the IFC center last night to check it out. And well, for Huffman's performance....If my standard for good acting is how well can I forget that there is an actor in front of me and just focus on the person...then she did a pretty amazing job. Also, the movie managed to have a kind of happy ending, but in the most bizzare of ways, which I absolutely loved.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?