Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Should Win -- Best Actor

5. Terrence Howard -- I was so bored by the movie, I cannot even tell you if his performance was good. Yeah, I guess it was.

4. Joaquin Phoenix -- He has become a young Johnny Cash for me.

3. David Srathairn -- I have never seen even a picture of Edward Murrow. He has become Edward Murrow for me. And man, his Murrow was so dignified and pursuasive in a way that I can only wish to be.

2. Heath Ledger -- God, he was great. Especially seeing his other stuff (10 things I hate about you is one of my favorite movies), he has completely transformed himself for the movie. I totally forgot that Ledger is actually a bit of a pretty boy. While I could not connect with him emotionally most of the movie, the last couple of scenes where he awkwardly sits in Jack's parents house and then talks to his daughter were so well done.

1. Philip Seymour Hoffman -- I connected with Ledger for like 3 scenes, while I connected with Hoffman the whole movie. I felt both dislike and amusement and sympathy for Capote all at once. Hoffman brilliantly created all these emotions in one characters at once.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?