Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

Should Win -- Best Director

Ok. So back to how little I know about film making. I am not entirely sure what specifically a director does, except that I know he brings all the parts of the movie together, to make sure that they all fit together into a great coherent whole. So um...I hope that is right. So my list is in order of how spectacular everything seems put together.

5. Bennett Miller -- Capote. No idea. I liked the movie. But it was not "spectacular" or whatever.

4. George Clooney -- Good Night and Good Luck. I am telling you it is the pointless subplot again. It really felt a bit ridiculous.

3. Paul Haggis -- Crash. Dealing with several different strands of story is really hard, right?

2. Steven Spielberg -- Munich. Spielberg is fucking awesome. Seriously, the weaving together of documentary footate and his reenactment of what happened was so exciting and felt so real. The colors in the movie fit is perfectly. The last scene where they are talking with the New York Skyline in the background, whatever I think of the symbolism of it, it is a scene that I can't get out of my head, I remember it perfectly.

1. Ang Lee -- Brokeback Mountain. So I don't know what directing is exactly, but I do absolutely know that Ang Lee deserves to win this. I may not like the distance with which he handled the film, but his mark was unmistakable. Also, it was beautiful and perfectly acted and very well timed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?