Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Should Win -- Best Original Screenplay

i think overall the original screenplays are all better than all the adapted screenplays. None of these five feel too long, and all of them are exciting and emotionally involving. So imagine the last list as being 6-10 and now we actually have 5-1.

5. Good Night and Good Luck -- there was the absolutely pointless subplot, that I am still wondering about.

4. Match Point -- the characters were entirely two dimensional. I still do not entirely understand their motivations.

3. Crash -- I know is actually the predicted winner, since people assume it will this when it does not win best picture. But come on, it was the least subtle movie ever.

2. Syriana -- I loved Syriana. But at the end of the day, all the pieces did not come together, it was confusing. Confusion without a purpose = not that great.

1. The Squid and the Whale -- This was a brilliantly written movie. I have a read a complaint somewhere about the ending. But I thought the ending was great. I mean isn't that all we can really expect, a mini-revelation that may or may not have an effect on anything.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?