Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

Should Win -- Best Supporting Actor

Again, could not really make myself see Cinderella Man and so no Paul Giamatti, which totally sucks because I understand he has a real shot at winning.

4. William Hurt. He was only on screen for 10 minutes.

3. Matt Dillon. I was never that excited about his performance in this movie. I am not sure what all the hoopla is about.

2. George Clooney. I love George Clooney in this movie. But, and this is not necessarily Clooney's fault, I can never forget that he is GEORGE CLOONEY, handsome actor who used to be on the Facts of Life and is now big Hollywood star who this year is making important movies for little money.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal. So one of my big complaints about Brokeback is that they aged them really poorly. I know there were differences in facial hair, but the two main actors looked exactly the same to me the entire movie. So in the last scene of the movie where Gyllenhaal says I wish I could quit you and then Heath approaches him and hugs him, and my first thought is like, oh, they shaved Jake's wierd mustache for this scene, and then I see the look of serenity on the actor's face and I am like, "oooh flashback." Well, if a facial expression and nothing else can signal flashbach then that is good acting, no?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?