Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Leo's Goodbye

So I was a bit disappointed by the Leo's funeral episode. I mean it was fine as an episode. But I was really only watching it because I wanted a tribute episode to Leo and John Spencer (Finals, I should not be watching tv shows unless I really really love them). I guess creatively I suppose it is better to move the plot forward rather than sit around having a tribute. But an episode filled with lovely Leo flashbacks (to the Aaron Sorkin days) would have totally made me cry.

That being said, I thought the opening scene was really good. I thought it was really powerful for no other reason but that literally every character ever on the show was in the scene looking really sad. It really felt like all the old cast members had shown to pay their respects to Spencer.

However, for the scenes they did dedicate to Leo stories, I don't understand why they had to make up new ones. I mean why didn't they just retell briefly stories that had actually happened on the show. I think it would have been sweet and nostalgic in a really wonderful way. Like Jed could have told the story about how Leo showed up to his office in New Hampshire and wrote Bartlett for President on a napkin, Mallory could have told a story about him sabotaging her date with Sam, it would have been really cool.

Finally, because at the end I sort of love obvious, blunt cheesiness, I am really happy that they have thrown out the rulebook of maintaining realistic scenerios and good writing and basically just have everyone hooking up with everyone. I find all this getting together so satisfying.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?