Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

Saved By The Bell was Totally Accurate, Yo.

When I was 10, my favorite show was Saved By The Bell. But the one thing that got to me about the show was that there was no congruity in dress between characters in a given scene. So like Slater would be in a leather jacket and Lisa would be in a short little skirt and sandals. And 10 year old me was like if it is warm enough for Lisa to wear a tiny little skirt, how isn't Slater really hot in his big heavy jacket?

But have you ever walked down the streets of New York on a 72 degree day? No dress congruity. There are people in full on winter coats and then girls in tiny little skirts and tank tops. Now, I have never spent more than a week in Southern California, but I have been led to believe by nostalgic SoCal ex-pats that it is 72 degrees an awful lot there. So maybe Saved by the Bell was right after all. 10 year old me is sad that she was wrong.

Comments:
socal = tall uggs and a mini skirt
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?