Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Volver

My mind when the credits hit at the end of Volver: "fuck, shit, oh wow." In other words, I found the movie mind blowing. There is not a scene or a character that i can point to that I find particularly compelling. There are parts of the movie I even disliked, but the whole thing was so intense and emotional and bizzare and colorful, skip whatever else you were going to see especially if that was Marie Antoinette, and go see this.

On a side note, Volver is only currently playing in New York. As everyone knows, I am eager to leave this godforsaken town but I have to admit that every time I am not in New York, I am indignant that I cannot see a movie that has been reviewed in the New York Times. Last summer in DC I had to wait weeks from the time I read the A.O. Scott review to the moment I could see it at the local Landmark. So there you have it, a reason I will miss New York.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?