Monday, July 30, 2007

 

No Reservations

Ever since I heard about this movie I have been wondering, if the movie came about because a bunch of suits sat around a room and where like what is in now? cooking. Which is how they decided to build a rom com around cooking. And then they continued in thier seats and were like, you know what else is in? Taking movies from other countries and remaking them in English. And so came about No Reservations, based on a German film. It just felt so convenient that this movie came up just as there were like 3 reality tv cooking competitions on tv at once.

As for the movie itself, it was ok. I mean I liked it but I like some bad shit. Catherine Zeta-Jones is so beautiful. (People sometimes ask me if I could look like anyone, who would it be? there is your answer). But her character isn't written like any human being. I think she is supposed to be uptight, but then suddenly she is running around New York with Aaron Eckhart and getting into pillow fights with her 11 year old adopted niece. There is not really any period of transformation. One minute she has a stick up her ass, and then it disappears and we the audience don't get to see the operation. The other actors are great. One of the reviews said that Eckhart without the evil is just not as good, but I disagree. His character was written blah but his acting made him strange and hilarious and great. Abigail Breslin was fantastic too. Also, snazzy dresser. I totally wished I could dress like her in this movie: colorful hats, and scarfs, and skirts, and stocking, and red boots.

Comments:
we recently watched the original movie (called "mostly martha") and that one is really really good (although it's not really a romantic comedy and more of a serious movie)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?