Saturday, December 15, 2007

 

American Gangster

American Gangster is not a good enough movie for Russell Crowe to look all shlubby.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. And I know that theoretically it is supposed to be oscar bait, but it reminded me of a movie like the Inside Man, an well-executed, entertaining movie about cops and robbers but ultimately not much more. Which gets me back to my original point. I am all for actors gaining and losing weight so that they can fully inhabit their characters but I just don't think the boy scout cop played by Crowe needed to have that bit of a gut. I mean I think the role would have been just as believable and the acting just as good if Crowe had maintained his perfect pectoral muscles and perhaps gratutiously taken off his shirt a couple of times.

Comments:
Julia,
I think russell crowe has been getting that gut all on his own. I think he and colin farrell are on the same diet... whiskey.

-Justin
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?