Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Friday Night Lights

So I had not watched Friday Night Lights as the episodes came out even thought I have been raving about the show and telling everyone who would listen that it was the best show ever. I am not sure why, I think I was afraid that I was going to get attached all over again and then NBC was going to take it away from me. Fear of abandonment really. Regardless of the reason, I made a poor tv choice, but I have changed my ways, and have been catching up online. And of-course, the episodes have been great.

Except...

What is wrong with the adults of Dillon, Texas that they keep going after children? What i found strange about last season's Riggins the 30 something neighbor last year sexual relationship is that no one commented on the fact that this was statutory rape, it just sort of happened. But then I figured this is one of the ways in which the show is interesting, since it does not resort to melodrama but portrays very realistically what can be a very harsh life, especially for the character of Riggins. And this is totally something Riggins would do. But then this past season they added two new adult/teen sexual tension story lines. Matt and the nurse who takes care of his grandmom, and the Julie and the newspaper prof. Which is kind of ridiculous because it begs my question, what is wrong with all these adults who are getting romantically entangled with children? Does the show really need to be doing this? Couldn't they just add more teenage characters instead of creating a series of inappropriate and borderline creepy relationships?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?