Saturday, January 12, 2008

 

The Savages

The friend I saw the movie with put it this way: "you know how some movies the trailers make you think it is going to be funny sad, but then the real movie is sad with the five funny lines they put in the trailer." Yes, I do know that experience and it was the experience of watching the Savages. I am not saying the movie was bad exactly. It was very realistic. The characters talked and acted like real people that I feel like I know. It was neither dumbed or silent nor where they far too clever. And the emotional reactions seemed very true to life. It is just that movie had no plot, and it felt so unbelievably long. Basically, it was two hours of watching someone else's shitty middle class life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?